Give your table some Caribbean flavor with this delicious stew
• READY IN1 hour 50 minutes
• COOKING TIME1 hour 40 minutes
• PREP TIME10 minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 520 g pack British diced pork shoulder
• 2 red onions, finely hacked
• 2 cloves garlic, squashed
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 x 400g tins hacked tomatoes
• 410 g tin bruised eye beans, depleted and washed
• 25 g plain dull chocolate
• 250 g basmati rice, cooked, to serve
• 1 little avocado, cut, to serve
Preheat the stove to 170ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 3. In a huge ovenproof goulash dish, heat a large portion of the oil over a medium warmth. Earthy colored the pork on all sides – ideally in a few clumps – at that point move to a bowl.
Warmth the rest of the oil in the meal dish, include the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Include the garlic and smoked paprika, at that point cook for a further 30 seconds.
Include the cleaved tomatoes and bruised eye beans with 300ml bubbling water and the sautéed pork, mix well and bring to a stew. Spread and cook in the stove for 1½ hours, blending at times.
Eliminate the goulash from the stove and mix in the chocolate until it has liquefied. Present with the basmati rice and avocado cuts.