A definitive vegetable soup is a dinner in itself, stuffed full with sound veggies, flavors and aromatics.
For the base fixings
• 2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil, or 30g/1oz spread
• 1 garlic clove, stripped and hacked
For the aromatics
• 1 bouquet garni
• and/or 1-2 new red chillies, de-cultivated and hacked
• or 1 tsp or more curry glue or curry powder or flavors, for example cumin, fennel seeds, cinnamon, and so on
For the primary fixings
• 1 potato, or other thickener if necessary, stripped and cut into pieces
• 500g/18oz vegetables, readied as proper and generally cleaved
For the fluid
• 1-1.5 liters/1¾-2¾ pints) vegetable or chicken stock, or vegetable cooking water, or a combination of water and milk
• freshly ground dark pepper
1.Heat the oil or margarine delicately in an enormous pot, at that point add the base fixings, the aromatics and the fundamental fixings. Mix around to cover everything in the fat, at that point sweat delicately for 10-15 minutes.
2.Add 1litre/1¾pints of stock or other fluid, sparing the rest for weakening (if important), and season with salt and newly ground dark pepper. Raise to the bubble, at that point stew delicately for around 20 minutes until all the vegetables are delicate.
3.Liquidise in a few clusters, and re-visitation of the skillet. Flimsy down with the saved stock, water or milk as required, and check the flavoring
4.Reheat when required.